- Division Info
- Section 508 Compliance
- School Year Calendar 2016-2017
- School Year Calendar 2017-2018
- Summer School Calendars 2017
- Budget Information Page
- Mission Statement
- Comprehensive Plan 2015-2021
- Technology Plan 2010-2015
- School Quality Profiles
- Elementary School Zone List
- History of Our Schools
- AdvancEd Report 2015
- School Administration Staff
- Human Resources
- Office of Support Services
- Talented and Gifted Services
- Colonial Heights Gifted Advisory Committee
- Governor's Schools
- Helpful Talented and Gifted Resources
- K-12 Talented & Gifted Programs
- Local Plan for Gifted Education
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Philosophy and Overview for Talented and Gifted
- PROMISE and CREATE Student Identification Calendar
- Supporting Your Child's Needs
- Talented and Gifted Support Personnel
- Gifted Services Blog
- Office of Technology and Learning
- School Board
- REGISTRATION for New Students
- Bus Routes 2016-17
- Early Childhood Program for Four-Year-Old Children
- Elementary School Attendance Zones
- Family Resource Center
- Parental Notice - State Police Database
- School Supply List 2017-2018 Elementary Schools
- School Supply List 2017-2018 Middle School
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Find a College with SCHEV
- Curriculum Maps
- Computer Technology Standards of Learning
- CHPS Employee Healthcare
- Educational Technology Plan
- Employee Handbook
- Substitute Handbook
- ESL Handbook for General Education Teachers
- Standard Employee Forms
- Job Openings
- MSiC Professional Development
- WiDA English Language Development Standards
News & Announcements
Friday, September 1st at 10:00 a.m. at each Elementary School
6th Grade Orientation
Thursday, August 31st at 1:00 p.m. at Colonial Heights Middle School
9th Grade Orientation
Thursday, August 31st at 10:00 a.m. at Colonial Heights High School
Thursday, August 31st from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at ALL SCHOOLS
Incoming kindergarten students and their parents can meet teachers and get acquainted with the program and the school. This orientation will include all students who will be five years old on or before September 30, 2017.
All rising 6th and 9th graders and their parents are encouraged to attend orientation. Students will receive their class schedules and will have the opportunity to meet their teachers.
Students who are not in a grade involved in an orientation activity are invited to attend their school’s MEET THE TEACHER event on August 31st between the hours of 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Students will be able to meet their classroom teacher(s), pick up class schedules (Middle and High School), and drop off school supplies in classrooms. Students at all levels should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Division Teacher of the Year!
All schools in Colonial Heights have met the SOL accreditation standards of the Virginia Department of Education for the 15th year in a row.
Last year, only 37 of the Commonwealth’s 132 school divisions had all schools accredited. This places Colonial Heights Public Schools in an elite group. This success can be attributed directly to the efforts of our teachers in the classrooms, the diligence of our students, our parent partners, and school administration providing quality leadership and support for their staff members and students.
Thank you to all of our Faculty and Staff! Congratulations to our students!
As Superintendent I look forward to following Colonial Heights students in their career as Colonial Heights "Colonials!" I hope that you and your families will be active participants in our many programs, working hard academically and giving your best in all that you do!
Dr. Joseph O. Cox, Superintendent
The Colonial Facts: Part I
- Parents should emphasize the importance of school at home. If a parent believes that school is important, the child will too.
- Reward good attendance with praise or a treat – let the student know that exemplary attendance is noticed and appreciated.
- Try to schedule any appointments after school hours or when school is not in session.
- Avoid planning family vacations that conflict with regular school days.