- Division Info
- School Administration Staff
- Human Resources
- Office of Support Services
- Talented and Gifted Services
- Colonial Heights Gifted Advisory Committee
- Governor's Schools
- Helpful Talented and Gifted Resources
- K-12 Talented & Gifted Programs
- Local Plan for Gifted Education
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Philosophy and Overview for Talented and Gifted
- PROMISE and CREATE Student Identification Calendar
- Supporting Your Child's Needs
- Talented and Gifted Support Personnel
- Gifted Services Blog
- Office of Technology and Learning
- School Board
- REGISTRATION for New Students
- Bus Routes 2016-17
- Early Childhood Program for Four-Year-Old Children
- Elementary School Attendance Zones
- Family Resource Center
- Parental Notice - State Police Database
- School Supply List 2016-2017 Elementary Schools
- School Supply List 2016-2017 Middle School
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Find a College with SCHEV
News & Announcements
It's almost time to start a new school year. But first, it's time for students and parents to visit the schools for Open House and Orientations.
Kindergarten Orientation is September 2 at 10AM.
Grades 1-5 Open House is September 1, 3PM-6PM
Sixth Grade Orientation is September 1, 1PM-3PM
Grades 7-8 Open House is September 1, 3PM-6PM
Ninth Grade Orientation is September 1 at 10AM
Grades 10-12 Open House is September 1, 3PM-6PM
Please join us to meet teachers and staff, visit classrooms, and get ready for a new school year.
To lead this exciting initiative, Aaron Robertson has joined Colonial Heights Public Schools as our Food Service Director. Aaron graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Magna Cum Laude, and holds the ServSafe industry certification. For the last eight years, Aaron has managed site operations at various universities both in and out of state. Prior to directing school-based food service operations, Aaron honed his culinary talents while serving as the Executive Chef for several Richmond restaurants.
Reduced Breakfast: $0.30
Full Price Lunch: $2.55
Premium Lunch (CHHS Only): $3.20
Reduced Price Lunch: $0.40
Text "FOOD" to 877-877 to find locations in your area.
All schools in Colonial Heights have met the SOL accreditation standards of the Virginia Department of Education for the fourteenth year in a row. Of the one hundred thirty-two divisions in Virginia, only twenty-two had all schools accredited. This places Colonial Heights Public Schools in an elite group. This success can be attributed directly to the efforts of our teachers in the classrooms, the diligence of our students, our parent partners, and school administration providing quality leadership and support for their staff members and students.
Thank you to all of our Faculty and Staff! Congratulations to our students!
As Superintendent I look forward to following Colonial Heights students in their career as Colonial Heights "Colonials!" I hope that you and your families will be active participants in our many programs, working hard academically and giving your best in all that you do!
Dr. Joseph O. Cox, Superintendent
The Colonial Facts: Part I
- Parents should emphasize the importance of school at home. If a parent believes that school is important, the child will too.
- Reward good attendance with praise or a treat – let the student know that exemplary attendance is noticed and appreciated.
- Try to schedule any appointments after school hours or when school is not in session.
- Avoid planning family vacations that conflict with regular school days.