- Division Info
- School Administration Staff
- Human Resources
- Office of Support Services
- Talented and Gifted Services
- Colonial Heights Gifted Advisory Committee
- Governor's Schools
- Helpful Talented and Gifted Resources
- K-12 Talented & Gifted Programs
- Local Plan for Gifted Education
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Philosophy and Overview for Talented and Gifted
- PROMISE and CREATE Student Identification Calendar
- Supporting Your Child's Needs
- Talented and Gifted Support Personnel
- Gifted Services Blog
- Office of Technology and Learning
- School Board
- REGISTRATION for New Students
- Bus Routes 2016-17
- Early Childhood Program for Four-Year-Old Children
- Elementary School Attendance Zones
- Family Resource Center
- Parental Notice - State Police Database
- School Supply List 2016-2017 Elementary Schools
- School Supply List 2016-2017 Middle School
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Find a College with SCHEV
- Curriculum Maps
- Curriculum Maps
- Instructional Videos
- Professional Development
- Title I Mathematics Program
- ESOL Mathematics
- Diagnostic Tests
News & Announcements
All schools in Colonial Heights have met the SOL accreditation standards of the Virginia Department of Education for the 15th year in a row.
Last year, only 37 of the Commonwealth’s 132 school divisions had all schools accredited. This places Colonial Heights Public Schools in an elite group. This success can be attributed directly to the efforts of our teachers in the classrooms, the diligence of our students, our parent partners, and school administration providing quality leadership and support for their staff members and students.
Thank you to all of our Faculty and Staff! Congratulations to our students!
Reduced Breakfast: $0.30
Full Price Lunch: $2.55
Premium Lunch (CHHS Only): $3.20
Reduced Price Lunch: $0.40
As Superintendent I look forward to following Colonial Heights students in their career as Colonial Heights "Colonials!" I hope that you and your families will be active participants in our many programs, working hard academically and giving your best in all that you do!
Dr. Joseph O. Cox, Superintendent
The Colonial Facts: Part I
We hope the school year is off to a great start! To recognize students who had perfect attendance the previous month, one student’s name from each school will be randomly selected and the child will receive a prize. The generous donor for the January 2017 Monthly Perfect Attendance prize is:
Chick-Fil-A Southpark Mall
Here are some helpful hints that may improve a student’s school attendance:
- Parents should emphasize the importance of school at home. If a parent believes that school is important, the child will too.
- Reward good or improved attendance with praise or a treat – let the student know that exemplary attendance is noticed and appreciated.
- Try to schedule any appointments after school hours or when school is not in session.
- Avoid planning family vacations that conflict with regular school days.