- Division Info
- School Administration Staff
- Human Resources
- Office of Support Services
- Talented and Gifted Services
- Colonial Heights Gifted Advisory Committee
- Governor's Schools
- Helpful Talented and Gifted Resources
- K-12 Talented & Gifted Programs
- Local Plan for Gifted Education
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Philosophy and Overview for Talented and Gifted
- PROMISE and CREATE Student Identification Calendar
- Supporting Your Child's Needs
- Talented and Gifted Support Personnel
- Gifted Services Blog
- Office of Technology and Learning
- School Board
- Bus Routes 2015-2016
- Early Childhood Program for Four-Year-Old Children
- Elementary School Attendance Zones
- ePAT - Electronic Practice Assessment Tools
- Family Resource Center
- Parent Involvement Survey for Parents of Children Receiving Special Education Services
- Parental Notice - State Police Database
- School Supply List 2015-2016 Elementary Schools
- School Supply List 2015-2016 Middle School
- Student Registration and Orientation
- Summer School Calendar 2015
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Find a College with SCHEV
- Computer Technology Standards of Learning
- Disclosures and Compliance Documents
- Educational Technology Plan
- Elementary Technology Integration Lesson Plans
- Employee Handbook
- Standard Employee Forms
- Employee Health & Wellness
- Internet Safety Curriculum
- Job Openings
- Substitute Handbook 2014-15
- Web-based Instructional Resources
News & Announcements
Orientation for New Students
9th Grade – Thursday, September 3rd at 10:00 a.m.
6th Grade – Thursday, September 3rd at 1:00 p.m.
Kindergarten – Friday, September 4th at 10:00 a.m.
Open House Event
All schools will hold an Open House Event September 3rd from 3:00 – 6:00.
Meet your new teacher(s), pick up class schedule (MS and HS), and drop off school supplies.
The School Board approved the 2015-2016 bus routes on August 25th, 2015. If you have any questions regarding your route, special needs, or to report concerns please contact your school directly.
Mon - Fri, 7:30 am - 3:00pm
Colonial Heights Public Schools
School Administration Offices
Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834
(804) 524-3400 office
(804) 526-4524 fax
At its January 13, 2015 Organizational Meeting, the Colonial Heights School Board unanimously elected Mr. Mike Yates as Chairman and Mr. J. Chris Kollman, III as Vice-Chairman.
Mr. Yates has served on the Board since 2010. He retired in 2009 after working 34 years as a guidance counselor at Colonial Heights High School. He also served as Director of Adult Education for 10 years.
Mr. Kollman is serving his second four-year term on the Board. He is a former member of Colonial Heights City Council of 28 years, serving four of those years as Mayor. Mr. Kollman is retired from Verizon with 30 years of service.
All schools in Colonial Heights have met the SOL accreditation standards of the Virginia Department of Education for the thirteenth year in a row. Of the one hundred thirty-two divisions in Virginia, only twenty-two had all schools accredited. This places Colonial Heights Public Schools in an elite group. This success can be attributed directly to the efforts of our teachers in the classrooms, the diligence of our students, our parent partners, and school administration providing quality leadership and support for their staff members and students.
Thank you to all of our Faculty and Staff! Congratulations to our students!
The Virginia On-Time Graduation report for the Class of 2014 was recently released by the Virginia Department of Education. Colonial Heights High School's 2014 graduation rate was 94.8%, as compared to the State rate of 89.9%. This rate reflects the number of students that entered the ninth grade together as a cohort and graduated in four years. Only nine high schools out of 327 in the Commonwealth had a higher graduation rate than CHHS. The Class of 2014 had a dropout rate of 2.6%, as compared to the state rate of 5.4%. Congratulations to the Class of 2014 for a job well done!
As Superintendent I look forward to following Colonial Heights students in their career as Colonial Heights "Colonials!" I hope that you and your families will be active participants in our many programs, working hard academically and giving your best in all that you do!
Dr. Joseph O. Cox, Superintendent
The Colonial Facts