- Division Info
- School Administration Staff
- Human Resources
- Office of Support Services
- Talented and Gifted Services
- Colonial Heights Gifted Advisory Committee
- Governor's Schools
- Helpful Talented and Gifted Resources
- K-12 Talented & Gifted Programs
- Local Plan for Gifted Education
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Philosophy and Overview for Talented and Gifted
- PROMISE and CREATE Student Identification Calendar
- Supporting Your Child's Needs
- Talented and Gifted Support Personnel
- Gifted Services Blog
- Office of Technology and Learning
- School Board
- REGISTRATION for New Students
- Bus Routes 2017-2018
- Early Childhood Program for Four-Year-Old Children
- Elementary School Attendance Zones
- Family Resource Center
- Parental Notice - State Police Database
- School Supply List 2017-2018 Elementary Schools
- School Supply List 2017-2018 Middle School
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Find a College with SCHEV
- Curriculum Maps
- Computer Technology Standards of Learning
- CHPS Employee Healthcare
- Educational Technology Plan
- Employee Handbook
- Substitute Handbook
- ESL Handbook for General Education Teachers
- Standard Employee Forms
- Job Openings
- MSiC Professional Development
- WiDA English Language Development Standards
News & Announcements
Bid Request No. CHMS - 2018-2
Sealed bids for construction of the Additions and Renovation to the Colonial Heights Middle School, 500 Conduit Road, Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834, will be received in person, regular mail by U.S. Postal Service, or via special courier service at the school administration offices of Colonial Heights Public Schools, 512 Boulevard, Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834, until, but no later than 2:00 p.m., local prevailing time, September 28, 2017, and then publicly opened and read immediately thereafter.
Bid Request No. North - 2018-1
Sealed bids for construction of the Additions and Renovation to North Elementary School, 3201 Dale Avenue, Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834, will be received in person, regular mail by U.S. Postal Service, or via special courier service at the school administration offices of Colonial Heights Public Schools, 512 Boulevard, Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834, until, but no later than 2:00 p.m., local prevailing time, September 28, 2017, and then publicly opened and read immediately thereafter.
Division Teacher of the Year!
All schools in Colonial Heights have met the SOL accreditation standards of the Virginia Department of Education for the 15th year in a row.
Last year, only 37 of the Commonwealth’s 132 school divisions had all schools accredited. This places Colonial Heights Public Schools in an elite group. This success can be attributed directly to the efforts of our teachers in the classrooms, the diligence of our students, our parent partners, and school administration providing quality leadership and support for their staff members and students.
Thank you to all of our Faculty and Staff! Congratulations to our students!
As Superintendent I look forward to following Colonial Heights students in their career as Colonial Heights "Colonials!" I hope that you and your families will be active participants in our many programs, working hard academically and giving your best in all that you do!
Dr. Joseph O. Cox, Superintendent
The Colonial Facts: Part I
- Parents should emphasize the importance of school at home. If a parent believes that school is important, the child will too.
- Reward good attendance with praise or a treat – let the student know that exemplary attendance is noticed and appreciated.
- Try to schedule any appointments after school hours or when school is not in session.
- Avoid planning family vacations that conflict with regular school days.