What is Title I?
In Colonial Heights City Public Schools the goal of the Title I Program is to strengthen the reading and math skills of students that are functioning below grade level in Kindergarten through fifth grade. Tile I program services are provided in four targeted-assistance schools (Lakeview Elementary, North Elementary, Tussing Elementary, and Colonial Heights Middle School). Title I services provide reading and math support in both push-in and pull-out models. Every student receiving supplemental Title I reading and/or math services receive their primary reading and math instruction from the classroom teacher.
What will Title I do for my child?
The Title I program will provide your student with extra educational assistance beyond the regular classroom.
What do Title I programs offer?
Title I programs generally offer:
· Smaller classes or special instructional spaces
· Additional teachers and aides
· Opportunities for professional development for school staff
· Extra time for teaching Title I students the skills they need
· A variety of supplementary teaching methods
· An individualized program for students
· Additional teaching materials which supplement a student’s regular instruction