- Division Info
- School Administration Staff
- Human Resources
- Office of Support Services
- Talented and Gifted Services
- Colonial Heights Gifted Advisory Committee
- Governor's Schools
- Helpful Talented and Gifted Resources
- K-12 Talented & Gifted Programs
- Local Plan for Gifted Education
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Philosophy and Overview for Talented and Gifted
- PROMISE and CREATE Student Identification Calendar
- Supporting Your Child's Needs
- Talented and Gifted Support Personnel
- Gifted Services Blog
- Office of Technology and Learning
- School Board
- REGISTRATION for New Students
- Bus Routes 2016-17
- Early Childhood Program for Four-Year-Old Children
- Elementary School Attendance Zones
- Family Resource Center
- Parental Notice - State Police Database
- School Supply List 2016-2017 Elementary Schools
- School Supply List 2016-2017 Middle School
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Find a College with SCHEV
In accordance with School Board Policy GCCA, employment vacancies are posted online. Colonial Heights Public Schools also utilizes an Online Application System.
Personnel Department - The mission of the personnel department is to hire and retain, at all levels, the most highly qualified and competent employees who represent positive role models for an increasingly diverse student population; who meet the high expectations of the school district; and who strive to be lifelong learners. The mission will be accomplished through vigorous recruitment, support, and retention efforts, including effective orientation, guidance, training, and professional growth opportunities.
Online Application System
- View our open positions
- Start an application for employment
- Continue/modify my application for employment
- Use passcodes sent to me
- Request technical help
- Application Instructions: Please read carefully
Supporting Documents - Please be sure the online application includes all critical information requested. Unlike a resume, the online application information is submitted under oath that all information submitted is true, accurate, and complete.
It is also important that applicants provide the support documents which provide additional details: three letters of reference including current supervisor, unofficial transcripts, resume, and copy of teaching license and test scores, if applicable.
- Reference Form (Adobe PDF): You will be required to provide three written references for your application to be considered complete. Written references should be completed on the attached reference form or in narrative reference letter format.
Note: All application documents including the application itself are provided through our online application system. If a hard copy of the application needs to be forwarded to you, please contact Mr. Burke George, Human Resource Manager.
Application Deadline: Until vacancies are filled, unless otherwise stated.
Should you be interested, a letter of application should be forwarded to:
Mr. Burke George, Human Resource Manager
Colonial Heights School Administration Offices
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
The Colonial Heights Public School Board does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, sex race, color, religion, disability or national origin in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Director for Special Education is designated as coordinator for non-discrimination for access to and implementaion of programs under Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.